Monday, December 30, 2013

warm summer rain

*brief note: I have been writing a lot lately, but none ready for publishing, even on a little blog like this. So I've been going back in time a bit for you, still relevant to today. This one is certainly not seasonal, but still reflective of what's been on my mind. Thank you for reading as always. Peace and love to you this new year!

California’s summer sunshine parade
of endless dry hot summer days
perfect for spending at the river or lake
and I sure am happy here...
when suddenly surprising me
covered in coffee grounds and cream cheese
is that really what I think I see?
sunny blue sky speckled cumulus-ly
and oh my! it is! a warm summer rain!
before I have time to hesitate
I burst out the back door of the café
and feel drops on my face
my eyes echo warm drops afresh
washing away the rain in turn
washing away the tears springing
from eyes that have seen
this wonder before, long ago
kissing my teenage beau
and further back washing the sidewalk chalk away
my face feels the memories
my clothes wet from this message of home
sent from above clouds filled with love
I never noticed I missed it so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment