Friday, May 23, 2014

memory banks of your past

I forgive you for not needing me.
I forgive myself for thinking I needed you to(o).

Roughly removed from your future
Suddenly withdrawn from your present
I'm deposited in memory banks of your past, only your past.
Hurt and disoriented - it happened so fast.
We still live in the place where we were best friends
And my footsteps echo like strangers behind me
Your ghost lingers in my shadow beside me.

Our brains inhabit separate bodies
But when our minds embraced, mine was changed.
I cannot erase the memories we made
My human nature ceaselessly craves
Continual contact, repeated exposures
to the very same images of your face
in this place we both deeply know
or undiscovered spaces we'd continue to grow...

I forgive you for not holding on
And I forgive myself for not letting go.

I'm accepting that we were never right for each other
Yet grateful for the chance to know one another
A wave and a nod when we're just passing through
The other hand holding someone else's, more true
Moving on doesn't make this less real
Just means that it's over and it's time to heal.

No comments:

Post a Comment