Saturday, April 12, 2014

mosquito song

I puncture your skin
you welcome me in
you scratch the itch of
my presence on your skin
despite the discomfort
inviting me to exchange
bodily fluids with you
my bite changing your skin’s hue
filling me with red juice
from your veins so blue
you don’t shoo me away
you bid me to stay
born in the mud
water and earth
begetting my birth
I wake with a thirst
for blood.
My probe I hide in you
my mouth inside of you
sucking your sweetness
that never runs dry.
I am so small
but you see me
on your skin
scratching the itch
of my memory within
amused and not irritated
you welcome me in
and I finally begin
to see that you love me.
Your blood cures my disease
immune to the hideous things
I harbor.
I punctured your skin
I needed to try you
to know that you truly
want me inside you.

No comments:

Post a Comment