Saturday, March 1, 2014

sunrise, sunset

I used to sing about sunrise
and now that sun has set -
watching it burn up the clouds
in a fiery rainbow palette
shadow branches silhouette
in its wake, an inky blue void
swallows up all light until
the darkness gives birth
to the tiny points
of countless distant suns.

Sometimes the music flows
through my veins, moving
the blood cells along their course
to bring oxygen, life itself
to my limbs, circling through
my heart, pulsing with the beat,
synchronized beat.

Whenever I witness beauty in this world,
my thoughts fly to you, holding in their beak
a seed to share with you, singing sweet notes
that help it to grow. You are infinitely interesting
to me, I sing, and I want you to know that
even if I fly away, this tree will never go.

1 comment:

  1. Last stanza very strong, with equally strong last line. Very nice! My birthday so I'm taking this sunrise and sunset as a gift, as every sunrise/sunset is.

    ReplyDelete