Monday, February 10, 2014

melt me

*Note: This is one of my very first poems. It's still one of my favorites. Since most of my love poetry is about the unrequited sort, I thought I'd post something different in honor of Valentine's Day.

When I get all frozen up and
Iced over, you take me
Out of my self-constructed freezer.
Sometimes I begin to think that the freezer
Is where I belong.
Is my life.
But you take me out,
Comfort and cradle my cold face.
                                         hands.
                                         feet.
                                         heart.
You know that being frozen can hurt.
You don't scald me right away but
Carefully,
               gently,
                           patiently
Melt me
And lay me out to dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment