Saturday, November 23, 2013

a young woman's prayer

Love my hair
The things it wears
The thoughts it bears
Love my mind
Memories stored
Images bored
Love my eyes
The tears they cry
The words that fly
Love my lips
The kisses they share
The burdens it bears
Love my back
The strength it supplies
Where feelings arise
Love my heart
The life it sends
Where hunger ends
Love my breasts
Where womanhood dwells
Slowly it swells
Love my womb
Where seeds are sown
Making us moan
Love my sex
Sacred and holy
Touching and holding
Love my hands
Hardworking and able
Strong, fast, and stable
Love my legs
Folding at rest
Humble yet blessed
Love my feet
Love me whole
My body, my soul
Like rain falls from the skies
On one who laughs, cries
Hopes, sighs
Believes, denies
Fails, flies
Lives, dies
Love me all, love me true
And keep me loving you

No comments:

Post a Comment